Moist and flavorful pumpkin-packed fritter bites are caramelized in a sweet sugar glaze for an irresistible fall treat!
It’s fall, y’all! And that means pumpkin, pumpkin and more pumpkin!
I literally have a shelf stocked with pumpkin right now so I can bake all things pumpkin over the next several months. I have so many yummy ideas this season and these baked pumpkin fritters have been on the top of my list for months now.
Moist and flavorful baked pumpkin bites are coated in a sweet sugar glaze that’s then broiled to caramelize and crisp the outside just like they’re fried fritter friends, but without the hassle of frying them. So amazing & addicting!
A batch of these babies doesn’t last but a day around here! Fritters are a family fave and when they’re full of pumpkin flavor, we get all giddy and can’t stop gobbling them up.
These fritters are so easy to make and are sure to impress. They make for a great breakfast or brunch treat as well as a fabulous dessert after a comforting fall meal.
You start by mixing and baking the fritters until they’re set, but not completely baked…
Then you’ll transfer them to a baking sheet and dip each one in a simple sugar glaze while your oven broiler heats up…
Then you’ll broil the fritters for about 3-5 minutes to caramelize and crisp the glaze and glaze them one more time before serving and enjoying…
These fritters are fantastic! Bet ya can’t eat just one! 😉
Enjoy & happy fall, y’all!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 24-cup mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. If you only have one mini muffin pan, you can bake the fritters in batches.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, vanilla, and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined and crumbly. Add the pumpkin and stir until it’s well incorporated into the batter.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter into each greased muffin cup. Bake for about 15 minutes or until fritters are set, but slightly undercooked. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before transferring them to a rimmed baking sheet that’s been lined with parchment paper.
- Turn oven broiler on high.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- One fritter at a time, dip the top into the glaze and set upright back on the baking sheet for the glaze to drizzle down the sides of the fritter. Place fritters in the oven and let broil until they start to crisp and caramelize on top, about 3-5 minutes. Once fritters start to turn brown in spots, remove from oven. Brush remaining glaze over the tops of the fritters. Let glaze set for about 15 minutes before enjoying them.