Moist and flavorful pumpkin-packed fritter bites are caramelized in a sweet sugar glaze for an irresistible fall treat!
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 24-cup mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. If you only have one mini muffin pan, you can bake the fritters in batches.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, vanilla, and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined and crumbly. Add the pumpkin and stir until it’s well incorporated into the batter.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter into each greased muffin cup. Bake for about 15 minutes or until fritters are set, but slightly undercooked. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before transferring them to a rimmed baking sheet that’s been lined with parchment paper.
- Turn oven broiler on high.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- One fritter at a time, dip the top into the glaze and set upright back on the baking sheet for the glaze to drizzle down the sides of the fritter. Place fritters in the oven and let broil until they start to crisp and caramelize on top, about 3-5 minutes. Once fritters start to turn brown in spots, remove from oven. Brush remaining glaze over the tops of the fritters. Let glaze set for about 15 minutes before enjoying them.