Bacon, spinach, tomatoes & white cheddar baked into a flakey crusted quiche that tastes just like a BLT sandwich and is so delicious you’ll want to eat it every meal of the day!
I’m crazy about quiche! It’s so delicious and there are so many different things you can put in it. It’s one of those dishes I bake when we have a little of this and a little of that in the fridge. I love baking quiches on the weekend for breakfast or brunch and then eating any leftovers for lunch or dinner throughout the week with a big green salad by its side. Love love love!
A variety of veggies, a meat (if wanted) and some cheese combined with eggs and cream are baked in a buttery flakey pie crust for a savory dish that everyone always enjoys!
I was craving a quiche the other day so I looked in the fridge to see what we had on hand. We had plenty of eggs and bacon so I searched for any veggies that might go great with bacon. Some spinach and cherry tomatoes we had leftover from a salad we had over the weekend along with a chunk of sharp white cheddar cheese were all brought to the counter to be combined into one of the most amazing quiches I’ve ever had!
As I was eating it, it so reminded me of a good BLT sandwich with egg and cheese, of course! And so was born the BLT quiche! Oh my yum!
The crust is fail-proof and quick to make. It bakes into a perfectly flakey crust.
Once the crust is prepped, you just layer the fillings in it and pour a simple egg and cream mixture over it before baking for about 45 minutes until set and the crust is golden.
It bakes into this rich, creamy, savory quiche that you won’t be able to put your fork down once you’ve taken your first bite. It’s incredible!
Whether it’s breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, this quiche is sure to be devoured and requested over and over again!
- 1-1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, sliced
- 5 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 pound bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives moving in opposite directions, until a crumbly mixture forms. Drizzle in the ice cold water and stir until dough just comes together. Using your hands, form the dough into a smooth flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the filling. Cook and crumble the bacon. Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Shred the cheese. Set those ingredients aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper until well combined and smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Generously butter a 9-inch pie pan.
- Once the dough has been refrigerated for at least 30 minutes, remove and roll out to a large circle that’s larger than the 9-inch pie pan and about ¼-inch thick or thinner. Transfer the dough to the pie pan then trim and flute the edges.
- Layer the spinach, all but ¼ cup of the crumbled bacon, tomatoes and cheese in the crust. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the ingredients in the crust. Sprinkle with the reserved ¼ cup crumbled bacon. Set the quiche on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Bake for about 45 minutes or until quiche is set and crust is golden brown. Let set for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.