Bacon, spinach, tomatoes & white cheddar baked into a flakey crust for a delicious BLT Quiche you’ll want to eat it every meal of the day!
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, sliced
- 5 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 pound bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1–1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives moving in opposite directions, until a crumbly mixture forms. Drizzle in the ice cold water and stir until dough just comes together. Using your hands, form the dough into a smooth flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the filling. Cook and crumble the bacon. Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Shred the cheese. Set those ingredients aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper until well combined and smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Generously butter a 9-inch pie pan.
- Once the dough has been refrigerated for at least 30 minutes, remove and roll out to a large circle that’s larger than the 9-inch pie pan and about 1/4-inch thick or thinner. Transfer the dough to the pie pan then trim and flute the edges.
- Layer the spinach, all but 1/4 cup of the crumbled bacon, tomatoes and cheese in the crust. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the ingredients in the crust. Sprinkle with the reserved 1/4 cup crumbled bacon. Set the quiche on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Bake for about 45 minutes or until quiche is set and crust is golden brown. Let set for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.