Bake these winning chicken wings for gameday or any day! They’re super crunchy without being fried.
It’s football season, folks! And in my family, every weekend is either spent at a stadium or in the living room with our eyes always on the game. And when it comes to gameday food, we are looking for dishes that are easy and plentiful to feed an intense crowd.
These baked chicken wings are always a winner! They are super easy to make and super crunchy without being fried.
So cut up some crisp celery and pour up a bowl of blue cheese dressing, your game day celebration is guaranteed to be a hit!
Dig in and may the best team win!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
- 20 chicken wings
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon hot sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup (1 stick) melted butter
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
- Place the salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon hot sauce, and vegetable oil in a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Add the chicken wings, seal, and toss until well coated.
- Place the flour, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in another resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Pour the chicken wings from the first bag into the flour bag, seal, and toss until well coated with the flour mixture. Place the wings onto the prepared baking sheet rack, and place into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Whisk in the hot sauce. Dip the wings into the butter mixture one at a time, and place back on the baking sheet rack. Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and crispy on the outside, about 1 hour. Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.