These winning Baked Chicken Wings are perfect for gameday or any day! They’re super crunchy without being fried.
- 20 chicken wings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon hot sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
- Place the salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon hot sauce, and vegetable oil in a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Add the chicken wings, seal, and toss until well coated.
- Place the flour, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in another resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Pour the chicken wings from the first bag into the flour bag, seal, and toss until well coated with the flour mixture. Place the wings onto the prepared baking sheet rack, and place into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Whisk in the hot sauce. Dip the wings into the butter mixture one at a time, and place back on the baking sheet rack. Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and crispy on the outside, about 1 hour. Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.