Hate throwing away food, but don’t know what to do with leftovers? Here are five ways to make sure no food goes to waste!
No Food Goes to Waste
I hate throwing out food! No food goes to waste around here! We’re big on leftovers and I love reinventing our leftovers into another delicious meal or snack. I can almost always turn our leftovers into a salad, stir-fry, smoothie, sandwich, or snack board. I call it the 5 S’s of Leftovers! 😉
More Tips and Tricks
Five Ways to Use Leftovers
- Salad: Toss leftover chicken, steak, or even taco meat on a bed of mixed greens. Roasted veggies make a great addition to salads, too!
- Stir Fry: Turn leftover rice, meat, and veggies into a stir fry lunch. Heat in a pan and top with your favorite sauce.
- Smoothies: Leftover fruits, some yogurt and even carrots and spinach make a delicious and healthy smoothie that’s great for a snack or a quick breakfast.
- Sandwich: Last night’s dinner is today’s lunch! I love heating up things like BBQ chicken or grilled steak in a toasted sandwich or in a tortilla with cheese.
- Snack Board: If you build it, they will come. Put out leftovers on a snack board for the kids after school and you’ll be surprised how quick it goes!
Create a Spread
Sometimes at the end of a week, I’ll set up a leftovers spread down our kitchen island where we can each come along and create a meal out of what we had leftover from other meals throughout the week. Some of us will just heat up a leftover as is, (like lasagna), some of us will make a rice bowl or nachos or salad or quesadilla or just a random plate of deliciousness.
Hope this helps! Enjoy! ❤️