Learn how to separate the yolk from the white using an egg shell.
The BakerMama’s Tips & Tricks
I created my Tips & Tricks series to help you be as successful in the kitchen as possible! From substitutions to kitchen hacks to how to solve food dilemmas, I answer your most frequently asked cooking questions.
How Do I Separate an Egg Using an Egg Shell?
- Hold the egg gently yet firmly in your dominant hand. Crack the egg against a flat surface in one swift confident tap.
- Holding the egg over a bowl, use your thumbs to crack the egg open and upward while keeping the yolk intact in one half of the egg shell.
- Carefully pour the yolk back and forth between the shell halves, allowing the egg white to fall into the bowl underneath the egg.
- Do this a few times until the yolk remains by itself in the shell.
- You could also use a handy clip-on egg separator which is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets.
Got a Question for The BakerMama?
Got a cooking question? I’d love to help! Send your questions to email@example.com.
Hope this helps! Enjoy! ❤️