Pumpkin and spice and all things nice baked into a moist Pumpkin Sheet Cake that will serve a crowd and is crowd-pleasing!
Happy November! Where has this year gone?! I swear we were just celebrating the New Year and here we are less than a month from Thanksgiving! I’m certainly looking forward to the Holidays, but I hope time slows a bit over the next few weeks so I can get prepared.
I hate being stressed this time of year because it just ruins the excitement and enjoyment the Holidays are all about. So this year I’m already thinking of simple yet scrumptious dishes and desserts to make for all the festivities ahead.
For Thanksgiving, this simple pumpkin sheet cake will be perfect! It’s full of pumpkin and spice and tastes oh so nice! And it’ll feed a crowd, which is great for large gatherings.
It’s just a matter of mixing the batter, baking the cake, and topping it with a creamy, dreamy cream cheese frosting. Pure pumpkin perfection!
So easy and everyone will love it! The cake is so moist and flavorful and the cream cheese frosting is sweet and simple.
You need to find a date to bake this cake ASAP! It’s fall-tastic!
Pumpkin and spice and all things nice baked into a moist sheet cake that will serve a crowd and is crowd-pleasing!
- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1–1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of an 18×13-inch sheet pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil and vanilla. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Stir in the pumpkin and then the flour mixture until well combined.
- Spread batter into prepared sheet pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese in a mixer until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating on low until just combined. Turn the mixer on medium-high and beat frosting until thick yet spreadable. Spread evenly onto cooled cake. Let frosting set for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving the cake.