Pumpkin and spice and all things nice baked into a moist sheet cake that will serve a crowd and is crowd-pleasing!
- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1–1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of an 18×13-inch sheet pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil and vanilla. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Stir in the pumpkin and then the flour mixture until well combined.
- Spread batter into prepared sheet pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese in a mixer until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating on low until just combined. Turn the mixer on medium-high and beat frosting until thick yet spreadable. Spread evenly onto cooled cake. Let frosting set for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving the cake.