Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies are thin chocolate cookies stuffed with a creamy peanut butter filling. They are peanut butter chocolate addiction at its finest!
I think I might need an intervention for my addiction to chocolate and peanut butter. And it’s obvious that this intervention won’t be coming from my family or friends. In fact, almost every time I ask for dessert requests, they say anything with chocolate and peanut butter. And that is exactly how these Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies came to life.
Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Yield: 18 1x
- Category: Dessert
Thin chocolate cookies stuffed with a creamy peanut butter filling equals peanut butter chocolate addiction at its finest!
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1–1/4 cups powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until well incorporated. Gradually add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture, beating on the lowest speed until just incorporated.
- Divide the dough in half, and shape into two balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Taking only one ball of dough out of the refrigerator at a time, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough to 1/8 to 1/4-inch thickness with a piece of parchment paper over it to prevent the rolling pin from sticking to the dough. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out cookies and transfer them to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes rotating sheets halfway through. Immediately transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the filling. Beat the butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Reduce the speed to low and gradually beat in the powdered sugar. Increase the speed to high and beat for 3 to 5 minutes, until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread the filling onto half of the cookies and top with the remaining cookies to form cookie sandwiches.