Chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with a hint of cinnamon that will become a family favorite you’ll want to bake every time you’re craving cookies!
Let’s talk oatmeal cookies & then let’s get to baking and eating some. How do you like your oatmeal cookies? With or without raisins? With or without chocolate? Both?!
I’ll never turn down a good oatmeal cookie, but if it just has raisins in it, I always feels like it’s missing something. “Where’s the chocolate? Where’s the chocolate?”…my mind and taste buds will keep saying as I’m eating it! 😉 I don’t mind the raisins as long as there’s chocolate in there with them, but honestly I could do without the raisins and double the chocolate!!
I love the texture that oatmeal brings to a cookie and I’m obsessed with the hint of cinnamon that all good oatmeal cookies should come with. So I felt it due time to create my favorite oatmeal cookie with just chocolate chips.
They’re simple and so incredibly scrumptious. Crisp around the edges, super chewy and chocolaty on the inside with that hint of cinnamon to compliment all the sweetness. Oh so yummy!
I could bake these cookies over and over again and never tire of them. They’re classic and comforting and satisfy my cookie craving every time I bake them. Cookie love!
If you love oatmeal cookies, these are a must-bake. Of course, you could throw in some raisins if you’re that crazy about them, but don’t you dare leave out the chocolate! 😉
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat on low speed until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls a few inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough.