Sweet and simple Lemon Cookies that are crumbly with a slight chew and full of real lemon flavor. Lemon lovers rejoice!
I’m usually one to choose cookies that are rich and oozing with chocolate and/or peanut butter, but during a hot summer afternoon, a light cookie with a tall glass of iced tea is so refreshing!
Almost everyone I know loves lemon so it was due time I came up with a great lemon cookie recipe. They’re definitely different from the typical cookie I would crave to bake, but after fine-tuning the recipe and ensuring the lemon came through loud and clear, I became hooked and have been craving them ever since eating the last of this batch!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
Sweet and simple lemon cookies that are crumbly with a slight chew and full of real lemon flavor. Lemon lovers rejoice!
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup white sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour and sugar. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Knead dough with your hands until it forms a smooth, soft ball.
- Place the sparkling sugar in a shallow bowl. Break off two-tablespoon sized portions of dough and shape into a ball. Place the ball on the parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten it with the bottom of a round glass. Dip one side of the flattened cookie into the sparkling sugar. Remove and shake off any excess. Place non-sugar side down on the prepared cookie sheets a few inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cookies start to turn a golden brown around the edges. Let cool on pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Wow these look amazing! My fiancé loves lemon so I will most definitely be making these 🙂