All the great monster cookie ingredients baked into a thick chewy bar! Yummy! Yum! Yum!
Does anybody know why monster cookies are called monster cookies?
Is it because they are usually really big cookies? Or because we tend to bake them around Halloween? Or because they have so many yummy ingredients in them?
I have no clue, but what I do know is that I turn into a ravenous monster if you put a plate of them in front of me! I LOVE monster cookies!
And all those yummy ingredients don’t necessarily have to be turned into cookies! Have you tried the Monster Cookie Pancakes I posted a few weeks ago? They’re over the top, I know! But they are oh so yummy! Today though, I am sharing some crazy delicious Monster Cookie Bars. It’s all those great monster cookie ingredients, in a thick chewy bar. Yum!
Here’s what goes into them…
So fun and easy to bake and even more fun to eat! 🙂
Such a treat! Enjoy!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini multi-colored chocolate candies, plus more for sprinkling over top
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of any electric mixer, beat together the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the sugars and beat until blended. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour/oat mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and mini chocolate candies.
- Press dough evenly into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with more candy and chocolate chips, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown and set in the middle. Let cool completely in baking dish then cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.