All the great monster cookie ingredients baked into a thick chewy bar! Yummy! Yum! Yum!
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1–1/2 cups peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini multi-colored chocolate candies, plus more for sprinkling over top
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of any electric mixer, beat together the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the sugars and beat until blended. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour/oat mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and mini chocolate candies.
- Press dough evenly into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with more candy and chocolate chips, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown and set in the middle. Let cool completely in baking dish then cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.