Ad – This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury™. The opinions and text are all mine.
Keep it sweet and simple this Valentine’s Day with these adorable and delicious mini heart-shaped cakes!
The Pillsbury™ Doughboy has inspired us once again to celebrate the little moments in life without the pressure of making everything from scratch. With a Pillsbury Devil’s Food cake mix, the new Pillsbury -Filled Pastry Bag and some festive sprinkles, the kids easily created these adorable Mini Heart-Shaped Cakes with so much pride and joy.
This Operation Celebration with our friends at Pillsbury certainly got us in the Valentine spirit!
With Operation Celebration, Pillsbury emails a newsletter each month featuring festive treats and delicious recipes to inspire you and your family to get in the kitchen and have fun making tasty memories together. We love it!
These mini heart-shaped cakes are so great for the kids to decorate and enjoy as a Valentine activity at home or at school. The cake mix is made according to package directions and spread in a 12 x 17-inch baking sheet to bake for just 10 minutes. My kids especially love cracking the eggs and I’m so thankful the box directions call for 4 eggs so each of my kids gets a turn. Whew, it’s the little things, right?! 😉
After the cake cooled, we cut it into 32 mini heart-shaped cakes. Such a quick and easy way to get several shaped cakes for serving a crowd or gifting to all your friends and family.
Then it was time to decorate! I let each kid have their own Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag to frost their cakes. The pre-filled bags make the whole frosting process so much easier for all. The kids have confidence and success using them and I have less overall stress and mess. Win! Win!
The new Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bags come in ready-to-go packaging and are available in three flavors: vanilla, chocolate fudge and cream cheese.
The results are just too cute! Moist little bite-sized cakes with creamy frosting and all the sprinkles…
It doesn’t get much simpler or sweeter than these mini heart-shaped cakes. Everyone is sure to fall in love with them!
I encourage you to get in the kitchen with your kids and bake up memories that will last a lifetime. Let Pillsbury inspire you in the months to come by signing up for Pillsbury Operation Celebration. Each month you will receive an email with a new theme featuring festive treats, recipes and inspiration to help you mix up something tasty with your family. I hope you and your crew join in on the fun! Be sure to tag @PillsburyBaking #DoughboySurprise and @TheBakerMama so we can see your creative creations!
We hope your Valentine’s Day is fill with love and lots of sweet treats!
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box Pillsbury Devil's Food cake mix
- water, oil & eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 (16 ounce) box Pillsbury pre-filled pastry bag frosting (vanilla, cream cheese or chocolate fudge flavored)
- 1 (5.25 ounce) container Valentine festive sprinkles
- mini heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12 x 17-inch baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare cake mix as directed on the box using water, oil and eggs. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake for about 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, rotating pan halfway through baking time. Let cake cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Once cake is cooled, use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut and remove about 32 mini hearts from the cake. Set heart cakes on a tray or board you can decorate them on.
- Decorate each mini cake with the pre-filled pastry bag of frosting. Immediately sprinkle with festive sprinkles.