Keep it sweet and simple this Valentine’s Day with these adorable and delicious mini heart-shaped cakes!
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box Pillsbury Devil’s Food cake mix
- water, oil & eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 (16 ounce) box Pillsbury pre-filled pastry bag frosting (vanilla, cream cheese or chocolate fudge flavored)
- 1 (5.25 ounce) container Valentine festive sprinkles
- mini heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12 x 17-inch baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare cake mix as directed on the box using water, oil and eggs. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake for about 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, rotating pan halfway through baking time. Let cake cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Once cake is cooled, use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut and remove about 32 mini hearts from the cake. Set heart cakes on a tray or board you can decorate them on.
- Decorate each mini cake with the pre-filled pastry bag of frosting. Immediately sprinkle with festive sprinkles.