The easiest little cream pies with a buttery crust and the dreamiest, creamiest fudge filling!
Oh me! Oh my! I love pie! And these mini chocolate fudge cream pies were love at first sight and bite!
Rich buttery little crusts are baked to flaky perfection in a mini muffin pan and then filled with an even richer chocolate fudge cream and topped with a dollop of whipped topping for a dreamy dessert that will knock you off your feet!
I’m obsessed with how easy these are to make and how yummy they are to eat!
I can’t wait to bake them for parties and get-togethers all summer long!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate squares
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) frozen whipped topping, thawed & divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until well combined. Add the flour and salt and mix until a ball of dough forms.
- Divide dough into 24 (2 teaspoon-sized) balls and press each one into the bottom and up the sides of each greased muffin cup. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and press the crust back into the pan with the tip of your finger or the back of a small spoon. Return to the oven for 6-8 minutes longer or until crusts are just starting to turn brown around the top edges. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan while you prepare the filling.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate and milk on medium power in 30-second intervals until completely melted. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and then fold in 1-1/2 cups of the thawed whipped topping.
- Scoop a few teaspoons of the fudge filling into each pie crust filling each one full. Top with a dollop of the remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with some chopped chocolate.
- Remove from the pan and serve immediately or store covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Let set out for about 15 minutes before serving to soften the filling.