Classic French toast with a crispy, golden exterior and creamy, fluffy interior.
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1–1/2 cups milk
- 8 slices brioche or thick bread
- Beat eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and a pinch of salt in a shallow dish until well combined and slightly fluffy. Stir in milk.
- Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture and let soak on each side for a few minutes until well saturated but not too soggy. When transferring the soaked bread to the skillet for cooking, be sure to let any excess egg mixture drip back into the shallow dish.
- Cook the soaked bread slices on a lightly buttered nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cooked French toast to a baking sheet in a 200°F warming oven to keep warm while you cook the remaining soaked bread slices.