Easy to make and fun to eat, these delicious French Toast Roll-Ups are a creative breakfast treat for any day of the week!
Attention carbohydrate fans! You’re gonna flip over these french toast roll-ups. They taste just like classic french toast, but you coat them in cinnamon sugar, dip them in syrup and eat them with your hands. Soooo easy to make and everyone will go crazy about how fun and delicious they are to eat!
Watch Me Make French Toast Roll-Ups
Step into the kitchen with me to make French Toast Roll Ups for breakfast!
With school starting soon and busy fall weekends ahead, these french toast roll ups are bound to make an appearance at our breakfast table many more times. How perfect they would be for a party or big brunch spread as well? So much easier than trying to serve french toast that has to be eaten with a fork and knife.
What is in French Toast Roll Ups?
- Unsalted butter, melted
- Granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Eggs and milk
- Soft white bread
- maple syrup, for serving
How to Make French Toast Roll-Ups
Trim a good, soft slice of bread of its crust (you can us wheat bread, but it’s generally not as soft). Roll it thin and spread with a cinnamon sugar filling before being rolled up tightly, dipped in an egg bath. Sautee in a skillet with melted butter until golden and slightly crisp on the outside, and finally sprinkled generously with cinnamon sugar. Mmmm….
Too Delicious for Leftovers
They taste amazing on their own, but a little dip in some maple syrup makes them extra sweet and scrumptious. For bonus points, serve with sliced strawberries and Nutella! I guarantee you’ll have no leftovers.
But if you do, just store French toast roll-ups in an airtight container in the fridge. I don’t know how well they freeze because, frankly, they never get that far!
You’ll love these french toast roll-ups so much, I hope you get to make them soon and often. I know you’ll love ’em! If you make these French Toast Roll-Ups, be sure to snap a picture and share it with me or tag me on Instagram @thebakermama so I can see. I love seeing how inspired and creative y’all get with the recipes I share. Enjoy!
Easy to make and fun to eat, these delicious french toast roll-ups are a creative breakfast treat for any day of the week!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 slices soft white bread, crusts cut off
- 3 tablespoons butter, for saute pan
- maple syrup, for serving
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 3 tablespoons butter until just melted. With a fork, stir in 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon until a smooth spreadable mixture forms. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Set aside.
- After trimming the crusts from each slice of bread, roll one slice out to about 1/8-inch thickness with a rolling pin. Spread each slice with a thin layer of the butter mixture and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining bread slices and butter mixture.
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in a large non-stick saute pan and let melt over medium heat. (If using a small saute pan, use just 2 tablespoons butter and saute the roll-ups in two batches) Dip one roll at a time in the egg mixture and place in the saute pan. Allow roll ups to saute for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside. Remove to a work surface and sprinkle each roll up generously with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.
PRODUCTS USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
(may include affiliate links)