Elevate your weekend breakfast with a fabulous French Toast Board that the whole family will enjoy!
- French Toast (see recipe)
- baked bacon
- caramelized bananas
- chocolate chips
- pats of butter
- maple syrup
- caramel sauce
- powdered sugar
- candied pecans
- Start by washing and prepping your fruit so that it’s ready to go. Fill mini mason jars and small bowls like these with the toppings and fruit. Meanwhile, cook the French Toast (see recipe above) and bake the bacon. If you bake the bacon and cook the French toast ahead of time, be sure to keep them in a 250°F warming oven while you add the French toast toppings to the board.
- To make caramelized bananas, slice a banana into coins. Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Place banana slices in a single layer in the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown on each side, flipping the banana slices with a fork. The natural sugars in the banana will caramelize on the outside making them slightly crisp and with a soft inside.
- Once the French toast, bacon and caramelized bananas are ready, it’s time to start building the board! I use my favorite 18″ x 12″ walnut wood board. Place the jars and bowls of toppings and fruit in various spots on the sides of the board. Line the yummy French toast down the middle of the board. I like to cut each slice in half.
- Fill any space on the board with the baked bacon. Finish it off with a sprinkle of powdered sugar on the French toast slices and take the board to the table to enjoy!