Corn flakes, coconut, marshmallows and two kinds of chocolate collide to create these chewy, crunchy, crazy delicious Corn Flake Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies that are love at first bite!
These are the cookies of all cookies, y’all! They’ve got it all going on and they’re GREAT!
Thin, chewy, crispy around the edges, crunchy from the corn flakes, gooey from the melted marshmallows, coconut-ty, chocolaty and crazy delicious!
Might be my new favorite cookies!
I was asked to judge the cookie contest at the State Fair of Texas recently (lucky me!) and the “best in show” cookie out of 240+ entries went to Carol Adamek for baking and entering the Momofuku Milk Bar recipe for corn flake chocolate chip cookies. They were awesome cookies and well deserving of the title! I might have snuck one to take home with me after the contest! 😉
After the cookie contest, I was asked to show how to bake these yummy cookies on Good Morning Texas in a recap segment of the cookie contest, but after baking and eating a batch just like the Momofuku recipe, I decided to adapt them a bit and boy did they turn out tasty!
Instead of making a corn flake crunch, which I thought made the cookies a little too sweet, I just used plain corn flakes. I also added coconut, upped the vanilla, reduced the salt and added a bit more chocolate for the perfect balance of taste and texture. I refrigerated the dough before baking it to prevent them from spreading out too much.
You’ve gotta bake these cookies! They’re out of this world delicious!
Corn flakes, coconut, marshmallows and two kinds of chocolate collide to create a chewy, crunchy, crazy delicious cookie that’s love at first bite!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1–1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of any electric mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in corn flakes, coconut, marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1/4 cup portions of dough 3-4 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Cookies will spread. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove dough from refrigerator. Bake for about 14 minutes or until cookies are browned around the edges and a little undercooked in the center. Cool cookies completely on pan.