Salty crunchy pretzels baked into everyone’s favorite peanut butter oatmeal candy-loaded monster cookies! These Monster Pretzel Cookies are monstrous and marvelous!
Baker is so into monsters right now, but the friendly kind, thank goodness! We play monsters, we tell stories about monsters, we watch movies about monsters, we pray for the monsters and he even calls me his MOMster! 😉 So fun and funny!
So when we were planning to bake some cookies a few weeks ago, I told him about monster cookies and how they are loaded with all of our faves such as peanut butter, oatmeal, candy, and chocolate chips. His eyes lit up with excitement and begged to start baking them, with help from the MOMster, of course! 😉
As we were mixing together the dough, we were snacking on pretzels and before we knew it, we were throwing a few into the cookies. Why not?!
The salty crunch of the pretzels seemed like the perfect addition to a cookie dough that was already loaded with tasty textures and the sweet and salty goodness so many of us love! Baker was confident the monsters would approve! 😉
Such fun cookies to make and bake with kiddos…
And they turned out so so yummy! A hearty cookie that’s chewy and crunchy and sweet and salty from all the greatness within. They’re monstrous and marvelous!
We love these cookies and can’t wait to bake them again!
~Maegan, Baker, & all the friendly monstersPrint
Monster Pretzel Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 18 1x
- Category: Dessert
Salty crunchy pretzels baked into everyone’s favorite peanut butter oatmeal candy-loaded monster cookies! They’re monstrous and marvelous!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1–1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2–1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1–1/2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup chocolate covered candies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter baking chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- more mini pretzels for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda and baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients in the mixer and beat on low speed until just combined. Add the pretzels and let crush throughout the dough on low speed. Stir in the candies, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, form dough into 1/4-cup size balls and flatten slightly, a few inches apart, on the prepared cookie sheets. Press a whole mini pretzel into the top of each cookie, if desired. Bake for about 20 minutes, rotating cookie sheets halfway through, or until cookies start to turn golden brown. Let cool completely on cookie sheets.
Monster cookies are my favorite! Love the addition of pretzels!
[…] Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies, Barbara Bakes Loaded Oatmeal Cookies, Sally’s Baking Addiction Monster Pretzel Cookies, The BakerMama Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Completely […]
I’m a sucker for anything with M&Ms! I’ve never actually made monster cookies, but they must be perfection in a cookie!
[…] Monster Pretzel Cookies via The Baker […]
Appetizing! Thank you!