Salty crunchy pretzels baked into everyone’s favorite peanut butter oatmeal candy-loaded monster cookies! They’re monstrous and marvelous!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1–1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2–1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1–1/2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup chocolate covered candies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter baking chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- more mini pretzels for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda and baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients in the mixer and beat on low speed until just combined. Add the pretzels and let crush throughout the dough on low speed. Stir in the candies, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, form dough into 1/4-cup size balls and flatten slightly, a few inches apart, on the prepared cookie sheets. Press a whole mini pretzel into the top of each cookie, if desired. Bake for about 20 minutes, rotating cookie sheets halfway through, or until cookies start to turn golden brown. Let cool completely on cookie sheets.