This Classic Banana Bread recipe turns out perfect every time. It’s crisp on top, moist in the middle and perfectly sweetened throughout, with tons of banana flavor in every bite. Everyone goes bananas over it!
Who doesn’t love banana bread?! Having a great classic banana bread recipe to bake when you need it is a must! This is my go-to banana bread recipe when I’ve got several ripe bananas on the counter screaming to be baked with. It’s easy to stir together and comes out perfect every time.
With a crisp cinnamon sugary crust on top and a moist yet tender middle, it meets all the requirements of a great banana bread in both taste and texture. I love everything about this classic banana bread, but what I love most is the chunks of banana throughout and the cinnamon sugary crisp crust. Little touches that really come through when the loaf is baked.
When I’m mashing the bananas, I just barely mash them before stirring them into the batter. They’ll mash a little more as you whisk and stir the rest of the ingredients in. There’s just something about those little chunks of banana in each bite that makes this banana bread irresistible.
The cinnamon sugar sprinkle both in the pan and on top of the loaf creates this amazingly sweet and crisp crust to the banana bread as it bakes. And it holds up so nicely even after the loaf has cooled and begs to be enjoyed.
Of course, this banana bread usually doesn’t last very long in our house because we all love it so much, but if we can wait to enjoy it until the next day, I swear it tastes even better. Banana breads always taste better the next day when the natural sweetness and moisture of the bananas settles into the bread even more.
Whether you’re like me and bake a loaf of banana bread every week or just on occasion, you’ll love having this recipe because you can be rest assured it will meet, and quite possibly exceed, all your banana bread loving expectations.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do and find yourself baking it again and again!
This classic banana bread recipe turns out perfect every time. It’s crisp on top, moist in the middle and perfectly sweetened throughout, with tons of banana flavor in every bite. Everyone goes bananas over it!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups barely mashed banana (about 4 medium bananas)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch x 4-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl and melt in the microwave until just melted. Whisk in the sugar until smooth. Whisk in the beaten eggs until well incorporated. Add the vanilla and mashed banana and whisk until just combined.
- Gently stir in the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top evenly with the remaining 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a knife or chopstick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top of the bread is golden brown before the middle is completely baked through, tint the loaf pan with foil and continue to bake until the bread is cooked all the way through.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan completely.