This classic banana bread recipe turns out perfect every time. It’s crisp on top, moist in the middle and perfectly sweetened throughout, with tons of banana flavor in every bite. Everyone goes bananas over it!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups barely mashed banana (about 4 medium bananas)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch x 4-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl and melt in the microwave until just melted. Whisk in the sugar until smooth. Whisk in the beaten eggs until well incorporated. Add the vanilla and mashed banana and whisk until just combined.
- Gently stir in the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top evenly with the remaining 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a knife or chopstick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top of the bread is golden brown before the middle is completely baked through, tint the loaf pan with foil and continue to bake until the bread is cooked all the way through.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan completely.