Ice cream sandwiches layered with rich caramel, crunchy pecans and whipped topping. An indulgent and impressive dessert that’s almost too easy to make.
Okay, y’all, let me set the scenario. It’s summertime, 105 degrees outside, you’re invited to a last-minute cookout and asked to bring a dessert. You want to put a little effort into it, but slaving away in the kitchen all day is not the way you want to go about it. Fear not! This ice cream sandwich cake recipe is here to save your day. It’s indulgent, impressive, incredibly easy and will become an instant family fave.
My mom has been making this cake for family gatherings, church potlucks, parties or just for a weekend treat for years. Who doesn’t love ice cream sandwiches? And then you layer them with rich caramel, crunchy pecans and whipped topping…mmmm-AZING!
All you need is 4 ingredients from the store and about 10 minutes to pull this delicious dessert together…
People will actually beg you for the recipe and you’ll probably blush and chuckle when you tell them how darn easy is it to make. And then if you’re like me, you’ll bring it to another party and a few of your friends who had asked for the recipe at the last party will bring the same thing. Ha! Love it! You can never have too much ice cream sandwich cake, that’s for sure! 🙂
So don’t let summer go by without making this awesomely easy ice cream sandwich cake!
- 24 store-bought ice cream sandwiches
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed in the refrigerator
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Layer 11-12 ice cream sandwiches over the bottom of the baking dish, cutting sandwiches as necessary to make an even layer. Drizzle ⅓ cup caramel sauce over the ice cream sandwich layer and sprinkle with ⅓ cup chopped pecans.
- Layer remaining ice cream sandwiches over the pecan layer, cutting sandwiches as necessary to make another even layer. Drizzle with ⅓ cup caramel sauce and sprinkle with ⅓ cup chopped pecans.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over second pecan layer. Drizzle remaining ⅓ cup caramel sauce over whipped topping layer and sprinkle with remaining ⅓ cup chopped pecans.
- Cover with foil and place in the freezer for at least an hour before serving. Store in the freezer.