Easy, healthy, and most importantly, delicious banana chocolate chunk oatmeal mini muffins that are made with just 5 handy ingredients.
Brookie and I whipped these muffins up on a whim one afternoon as a snack for the boys when they got home from school and boy were they a huge hit! They’re so quick to make with just banana, oats, baking powder, an egg and chocolate chunks.
We all loved them and have baked them several times since. They make for such a great on-the-go breakfast or afternoon snack. And I’ve been eating a few of them after my morning workouts to tide me over until lunch. So satisfying and scrumptious!
This is one of those recipes you’ll be glad to have up your sleeve for when you see those ripe bananas on your counter begging to be baked with or for when you need a healthy snack to satisfy those cravings for something sweet yet healthy. I don’t know about y’all, but we pretty much always have all of these ingredients on hand so I know this recipe is here to stay.
I hope you and your loved ones bake and enjoy them as much as we do!
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (I'm loving the 365 brand Dark Chocolate Chunks from Whole Foods)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In an electric stand mixer or large mixing bowl, add the mashed banana, oats, baking powder and egg. Mix or stir until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared mini muffin cups. Top each muffin with an additional chocolate chunk, if desired. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the muffin tops look set and oats are just starting to crisp on top. Try to avoid over-baking so the banana in the muffins doesn't dry out.