Easy, healthy, and most importantly, delicious banana chocolate chunk oatmeal mini muffins that are made with just 5 simple ingredients.
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2–1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (I’m loving the 365 brand Dark Chocolate Chunks from Whole Foods)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In an electric stand mixer or large mixing bowl, add the mashed banana, oats, baking powder and egg. Mix or stir until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared mini muffin cups. Top each muffin with an additional chocolate chunk, if desired. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the muffin tops look set and oats are just starting to crisp on top. Try to avoid over-baking so the banana in the muffins doesn’t dry out.