My favorite ice cream flavor baked into rich, gooey brownies that are topped with crushed pecans, mini marshmallows and melty chocolate chips. Whether your day feels like a “rocky road” or not, these brownies are sure to take your mind to a happy place.
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
By the title of this post you could probably guess that mine is without a doubt Rocky Road! I am always baffled if I go to an ice cream shop that doesn’t have Rocky Road as a flavor option. The combination of fluffy marshmallows with crunchy nuts in a rich chocolate ice cream gets me every time. It takes something special for me to venture out and order another flavor
So in honor of my favorite ice cream, I made these irresistible Rocky Road Brownie Cupcakes. A rich, gooey brownie topped with crushed pecans, mini marshmallows and melty chocolate chips. Whether your day feels like a “rocky road” or not, these brownies are sure to take your mind to a happy place.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 ounces chopped unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or fill them with cupcake liners; set aside.
- In a double boiler or a microwave set on low power, melt the butter and chopped chocolate, stirring frequently. Transfer chocolate mixture to a large bowl and let cool. Whisk in the cocoa until smooth. Whisk in the granulated sugar then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Fold in the flour and salt until just blended. (Do not overmix.)
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups filling each cup to the top. Top each cupcake with some nuts, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Bake about 15 minutes or until brownies are slightly underdone (they should be a bit gooey inside). Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.