Just 4 ingredients and about 15 minutes is all it takes to make these irresistible rocky road crunch bars!
Move over rocky road ice cream, there’s a new chocolate, almond, marshmallow combo treat in town that’s gonna give you a good run for your money! 😉
Rocky road is one of my favorite ice creams and anytime I can think of a treat to make with the combo of chocolate, almonds and marshmallows, I do. So when Malt-O-Meal® asked me to a create a recipe with their yummy Coco Roos® cereal, the only road my mind went down was the rocky one. Fellow rocky road lovers, get excited!!
I already love the sweet chocolate crunch of Coco Roos, but when coated in creamy chocolate along with crunchy almonds and chewy marshmallows…oh my yum!
Seriously, one of the easiest sweet treats you could make. Just melt chocolate candy coating (or chocolate almond bark) according to package directions before coating the Coco Roos, almonds and marshmallows in it. Once everything is coated evenly, you’ll press it into a parchment lined baking dish and garnish with crushed almonds and marshmallows, if desired. Let the bars set in a cool, dry place for about 10 minutes or longer before cutting into squares and enjoying!
These are one of my new favorite late-night snacks. Think Monday night, kids tucked in bed, The Bachelorette recorded and one (or two) of these rocky road crunch bars in hand. Perfection!
They’d also be great to gift during the holidays, take on a road trip or camp out, or serve during the big game. Guaranteed to be a huge hit no matter the occasion!
Quick, easy and irresistible! What more could ask for?! Enjoy!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Malt-O-Meal® brand cereals however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1 (16 ounce) package chocolate candy coating
- 3 cups Malt-O-Meal® Coco Roos cereal
- 1 cup roasted salted whole almonds (+ ¼ cup crushed for garnishing, if desired)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (+ 1 cup for garnishing, if desired)
- Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place Coco Roos and 1 cup whole almonds in a large bowl. Melt chocolate candy coating according to package directions. Pour melted candy coating over cereal and almonds and toss to coat. Add marshmallows and gently toss until cereal, almonds and marshmallows are all evenly coated in candy coating.
- Immediately press mixture evenly into prepared dish using lightly greased parchment paper to press down on the mixture. Sprinkle with ¼ cup crushed almonds and 1 cup mini marshmallows, if desired.
- Allow bars to set in a cool, dry place for about 10 minutes. Cut into squares.