Fresh strawberries baked into rich chewy peanut butter bars that are irresistible!
If you have been following my blog for any period of time, you’re probably well aware that I’m addicted to peanut butter! Don’t worry…it’s a good addiction, I think. Going through a few containers of peanut butter each week is completely normal, right?!
Seriously, I can’t remember a day when I didn’t eat peanut butter. I could eat it with anything. Really, try me!
One of my current obsessions is dipping strawberries in peanut butter. Have you tried it? If not, you must!
It’s incredible! I also put sliced strawberries on my peanut butter sandwiches and mix them into my peanut butter banana smoothies! I’m loving this combo so much right now that I decided to bake some fresh strawberries into a rich peanut butter bar that I could indulge in for dessert this past week. Well, let’s just say they didn’t last longer than a few days and I ate them for more than just dessert. I even called one lunch one day!
These bars exceeded my expectations in every way. Full on peanut butter goodness with the surprise of fresh baked strawberries in every bite. Pure deliciousness!
I could go on and on about how amazing these bars are, but instead, I’ll let you bake them and taste for yourself! If you love strawberries and peanut butter, then you probably already have everything you need on hand.
Enjoy the yumminess!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 15-20 sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup peanut butter morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat until well combined. Then add peanut butter and beat another minute.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture until well combined. Transfer two-thirds of the dough to the prepared baking dish. Press down evenly with your hands. Place sliced strawberries evenly over the peanut butter mixture. Crumble the remaining ⅓ dough evenly over the strawberries. Sprinkle with peanut butter morsels.
- Bake until golden, about 45 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares and enjoy!