Fresh strawberries and creamy or crunchy peanut butter baked into chewy Strawberry Peanut Butter Bars that are simply irresistible!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1–1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2–1/2 cups peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 15–20 sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup peanut butter morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat until well combined. Then add peanut butter and beat another minute.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture until well combined. Transfer two-thirds of the dough to the prepared baking dish. Press down evenly with your hands. Place sliced strawberries evenly over the peanut butter mixture. Crumble the remaining 1/3 dough evenly over the strawberries. Sprinkle with peanut butter morsels.
- Bake until golden, about 45 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart