This cool spin on s’mores combines tasty graham cracker cookies with gooey marshmallow creme and rich chocolate ice cream for a scrumptious summertime treat!
I love s’mores and I would bet you do too, so I’m going to be sharing a new s’mores treat recipe with you every Saturday this month. Let’s just call it Saturday S’mores in September! So be sure to check back each Saturday this month for drool-inducing images and incredible s’mores themed recipes! It’s sure to be a tasty month!
I’m kicking off my Saturday S’mores in September series with these super easy and amazingly delicious s’mores ice cream sandwiches!
The thin graham cracker cookies are what makes them extra special and has you screaming for more. They are crispy around the edges with a slight chew in the center making them perfect for an ice cream sandwich. And they taste just like a graham cracker with a hint of milk chocolate. Again, perfect for making s’mores! I’m so obsessed with these cookies that I’ve actually been keeping a batch handy to snack on or make a s’mores ice cream sandwich anytime I so desire!
You’ve got the perfect cookies, so now all you need is a little marshmallow crème and your favorite chocolate ice cream to get this party started. I don’t think words do these s’mores treats justice. You just have to try them to experience the amazingness for yourself. You can thank me later! Just enjoy and share the yumminess with your friends because everyone’s sure to love them!
For the full post & recipe, CLICK HERE.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup chopped milk chocolate bars (8 snack size or 2 large bars)
- 1 (7 ounce) container marshmallow crème
- 1 container chocolate ice cream (I used dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add honey and beat until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until just combined. Stir in graham crackers and chopped chocolate bars.
- Use a mini cookie scoop or your fingers to shape dough into 2 teaspoon sized balls and place them a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cookies are cool, flip two over and spread one with a thin layer of marshmallow crème and place a small scoop of chocolate ice cream on the other. Turn the marshmallow crème cookie over onto the ice cream cookie and press together.
- Notes: The ice cream sandwiches taste best when they are prepared right before eating rather than making them ahead and freezing them. They are perfect for serving as a dessert station at a party or get-together. Store cookies in an airtight container until ready to assemble or eat by themselves!