This cool spin on s’mores combines tasty graham cracker cookies with gooey marshmallow creme and rich chocolate ice cream for a scrumptious summertime treat!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped milk chocolate bars (8 snack size or 2 large bars)
- 1 (7 ounce) container marshmallow crème
- 1 container chocolate ice cream (I used dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add honey and beat until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until just combined. Stir in graham crackers and chopped chocolate bars.
- Use a mini cookie scoop or your fingers to shape dough into 2 teaspoon sized balls and place them a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cookies are cool, flip two over and spread one with a thin layer of marshmallow crème and place a small scoop of chocolate ice cream on the other. Turn the marshmallow crème cookie over onto the ice cream cookie and press together.
- Notes: The ice cream sandwiches taste best when they are prepared right before eating rather than making them ahead and freezing them. They are perfect for serving as a dessert station at a party or get-together. Store cookies in an airtight container until ready to assemble or eat by themselves!