The ultimate sweet and salty bar…gooey from all the chocolate and peanut butter, but have this unbelievable salty crunch from lots of crushed pretzels.
Somebody please come over and take these from me before I eat the entire batch!
Seriously, I have had a fork in hand since the minute they came out of the oven and haven’t put it down since. These bars have the perfect balance of salty and sweet. They are gooey from all the chocolate and peanut butter, but have this unbelievable salty crunch from all the crushed pretzels.
For the full post & recipe, CLICK HERE.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
Recipe adapted from Food Network Magazine
- 1-1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crushed pretzel pieces, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup peanut butter chips, divided
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1-1/2 cups pretzel pieces, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the brown sugar. Let cool slightly, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Stir butter mixture into the pretzel crumb mixture. Fold in ½ cup each peanut butter chips and semisweet chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter in the prepared dish. Scatter the remaining ½ cup pretzel pieces, ¼ cup peanut butter chips and ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with a few crumbs, 40-45 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a rack, then lift the foil to remove the bars and cut into squares.
- Note: For a thinner bar, bake in a 9x13-inch baking dish for 25-30 minutes.