Cool off with a Salted Caramel Pretzel Milkshake that’s the perfect balance of sweet and salty with little bits of crunchy pretzel in every sip.
What’s your go-to milkshake order when you’re eating a burger? Mine has quickly become salted caramel because the salty sweetness of it is the absolute perfect combo for a cheesy burger. It’s not overly sweet that you feel like you’ve already moved onto dessert each time you take a sip yet still want to return back to that burger. It keeps your tastebuds in balance as you go from burger to fries to shake!
These salted caramel pretzel milkshakes come together in no time and can be made for one or in batches to feed a ton. Just ice cream, salted caramel topping, milk and honey pretzel twists are all it takes.
Blend, pour and sip…
Honey pretzel twists are the best for blending in this milkshake because they hold their texture so well as little bits and they give the milkshake a little hint of honey. Regular salted pretzels would taste great too, but if you can get your hands on the honey pretzel twists, they’re a must try in this shake.
Cool off with a salted caramel pretzel milkshake that’s the perfect balance of sweet and salty with little bits of crunchy pretzel in every sip.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce (see notes)
- 2–3 tablespoons whole milk, depending on desired thickness
- 6 honey wheat braided pretzel twists
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Place ice cream, salted caramel sauce and milk in the blender and blend until well combined and creamy. Add the pretzel twists and pulse 3-4 times to crush them throughout. Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream, if desired.
I use store-bought salted caramel sauce found near the ice cream aisle. If you can’t find salted caramel sauce, use regular caramel sauce and add a 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.