The best sweet and salty snack mix ever gets a patriotic pop with red, white and blue M&M’s and sprinkles. Always a huge hit!
Happy Memorial Day weekend!
We’re looking forward to a relaxing weekend with absolutely no plans. No ball games, no birthday parties, no dinner parties, no date nights out, no nothing…just us waking up each morning and saying, “Hey, what do we want to do today?!” Love it and so looking forward to it!
We may not have grand activities planned, but I guarantee we’ll have great food. We’ll probably grill out every day, eat a few watermelons poolside and snack our way through a big batch of this patriotic party mix…
Made with Chex cereal, Cheerios, pretzels and dry roasted peanuts all covered in a white chocolate candy coating…
Then made festive with red, white and blue sprinkles and M&M’s…
For the most deliciously addicting sweet and salty snack mix your hands will ever reach into…
No Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day celebration would be complete without a big bowl of this patriotic party mix for everyone to enjoy!
- 4 cups Chex cereal
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (16 ounce) package candiquik candy coating or 1 (20 ounce) package vanilla almond bark
- 2 (1.7 ounce) containers red, white and blue sprinkles
- 1 cup regular red, white and blue M&M's
- 1 cup peanut red, white and blue M&M's
- In a large bowl, combine the Chex cereal, Cheerios, pretzels and peanuts.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the almond bark or candy coating according to package directions, usually 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Be sure not to over melt the almond bark as it will burn and become too thick to stir and coat the mix evenly.
- Pour the melted almond bark over the ingredients in the large bowl and toss to coat with a large spoon. Ingredients should be evenly coated in the almond bark.
- Spread the mixture out in an even layer on parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle with the sprinkles and then the M&M's. Allow mixture to cool completely. Break apart to serve. Store in an airtight container or baggie.