Festive red, white and blue layers of fruit, yogurt and granola make these Patriotic Breakfast Parfaits. A healthy way to start a patriotic holiday or any day!
I’m so excited for summer and all the fun and festive holidays that come along with it! Since Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day are all American holidays celebrated during the summer months, I pretty much have red, white and blue food and decor on the brain all summer long.
We usually have a great spread for lunch and dinner on these holidays, but breakfast is sometimes a bore because we haven’t planned ahead and we’re usually rushing out the door to a parade, neighborhood block party, family fun run, etc.
This year, we’ll be kicking off the holidays with these healthy and festive breakfast parfaits.
Fresh fruit, greek yogurt and granola are easily layered in clear plastic cups to create these red, white and blue parfaits that everyone will love.
You could make them the night before and just cover them in plastic wrap so they’re ready to go first thing in the morning. No need to worry about cooking breakfast while you’re trying to get everything ready for a BBQ or potluck later in the day.
These parfaits are great to make for a crowd! They’re easily transportable and disposable. You could make a whole tray of them to bring to the start of the big race, the neighborhood parade or out by the pool as everyone awakes for a day full of celebrating. You could also set all the ingredients out in red, white and blue order and let each person build their own parfait. So fun!
Get your holiday off to a great start with these healthy and delicious patriotic parfaits! Enjoy & happy celebrating!
Festive red, white and blue layers of fruit, yogurt and granola make these breakfast parfaits a healthy way to start a patriotic holiday (or any day)!
- 1/2 cup granola, divided
- 1/3 cup blueberry Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- half of a medium banana, thinly sliced (about 8 slices)
- 1/3 cup strawberry Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- In a 9 ounce clear plastic cup, layer the parfait ingredients in the following order: 2 tablespoons granola, blueberry yogurt, blueberries, 2 tablespoons granola, plain yogurt, banana slices, 2 tablespoons granola, strawberry yogurt, strawberries, 2 tablespoons granola.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.