An amazing chopped kale and roasted chicken salad packed with fresh apple, red onion, egg, bacon, cherries, pecans, almonds and white cheddar all tossed in a light champagne vinaigrette. Salad dreams do come true!
This is the salad of all salads, y’all! It hits every note on the scrumptious spectrum. From salty to sweet and chewy to crunchy, it’s so fresh, flavorful and filling. I seriously can’t get enough of it.
This is a recreation of one of my favorite salads from one of my favorite restaurants here in Dallas, R+D Kitchen. Instead of dropping $20 on a salad (crazy, I know!) every time I crave it, I can now easily and much more cheaply make it for myself here at home.
I’ve added it to my lunch salad rotation by cheating on my Favorite 5-Minute Lunch Salad a few days each week. It’s also hearty enough to make for a great dinner salad that my whole family enjoys. I just deconstruct it when we eat it as a family and let the kids build their own salad to their loving. Two thumbs up YUM!
I try to purchase and/or prep most of the ingredients early in the week so I can easily toss the salad together when I’m limited on time for lunch or need a quick-to-the-table weeknight dinner.
All the different flavors and textures going on in this salad are so awesome. I can’t think of one ingredient the salad could do without. And the champagne vinaigrette brings it all together so nicely.
A great salad like this one makes me so happy. I try to eat a salad every day and it’s a tasty salad like this that make me continue to crave them day after day.
I love being able to make this favorite salad at home just as tasty as it would be if I ordered it at the restaurant. Winning!
I hope you get a chance to make and enjoy it soon!
- 4 cups chopped kale salad mix
- 2 cups torn white meat from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 medium honeycrisp apple, diced
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 3 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- ¼ cup glazed pecans
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup dried tart cherries
- ½ cup crumbled sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 hard boiled eggs, grated with a cheese grater
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Champagne Vinaigrette: whisk the champagne vinegar, honey and dijon mustard in a medium mixing bowl until combined. Continue to whisk while adding the olive oil and whisk briskly until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad: combine all ingredients, except the eggs, in a large bowl. Toss in the dressing until well coated. Divide among serving plates, piling the salad high on each plate. Divide the grated egg evenly over the salads. Season with salt and pepper.