This Newport Salad is full of chopped kale and roasted chicken salad packed with fresh apple, red onion, egg, bacon, cherries, pecans, almonds and white cheddar all tossed in a light champagne vinaigrette. Salad dreams do come true!
- 4 cups chopped kale salad mix
- 2 cups torn white meat from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 medium honeycrisp apple, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/4 cup glazed pecans
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup crumbled sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 hard boiled eggs, grated with a cheese grater
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Champagne Vinaigrette: whisk the champagne vinegar, honey and dijon mustard in a medium mixing bowl until combined. Continue to whisk while adding the olive oil and whisk briskly until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad: combine all ingredients, except the eggs, in a large bowl. Toss in the dressing until well coated. Divide among serving plates, piling the salad high on each plate. Divide the grated egg evenly over the salads. Season with salt and pepper.