WOW! every lady and gent at your Derby party with these bourbon-spiked mint brownies topped with a sweet mint frosting!
As you dust off your big hats and fancy suits for the Derby this coming weekend, I’m going to get you race-ready with a few fun recipes that will take your festivities to the next level. Check back this Tuesday for an easy twist on the traditional Kentucky Hot Brown that will please a crowd of all ages.
But most importantly, no Derby day would be complete without Mint Juleps. And no good party would be complete without an incredible dessert. So get ready to WOW! every lady and gent at your party with these bourbon-spiked mint brownies topped with a sweet mint frosting.
For the full post & recipe, CLICK HERE.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
Brownie recipe adapted from mrfood.com
Frosting recipe adapted from bettycrocker.com
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- 3 drops green food color
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate together, whisking until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add the chocolate mixture and beat until well combined. Beat in the flour and salt until just combined. Beat in the bourbon and mint extract. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in baking dish on a wire rack.
- While brownies are cooling, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, beat the butter and powdered sugar until combined. Beat in the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until spreadable. Beat in the mint extract and green food color until of desired color.
- Spread frosting evenly over cooled brownies. Let set for at least 30 minutes.
- Lift brownies out of baking dish using the sides of the parchment paper. Cut into squares.