An easy and delicious dessert recipe that everyone will love! It’s a sweet cookie crust that’s layered with smooth whipped cream cheese, chocolaty pudding, and creamy whipped topping!
My great friend, Emily, and her sweet son, Luke, recently came over to make one of her family’s favorite desserts. Okay, so we killed two birds with one stone on this one. The boys got their playdate too! Or should I say they invaded our playdate?! We couldn’t keep them out of the kitchen! They smelled the sugar and there was no distracting them!
I’m so glad Emily shared this delicious dessert with me and gave me permission to share it with you! It’s a classic Layered Chocolate Pudding Dessert that her family calls “3 Little Pigs” because her Aunt who makes this tasty treat has three kids of her own and she says it feeds those three little pigs for two days. Fun name, right?! I’m impressed it actually lasts two days in her house because it most certainly didn’t last that long in this house! I couldn’t stop eating it! It’s smooth and creamy and chocolaty and oh so sweet! And the best part is that it’s so easy to make!
It all starts with a simple three-ingredient cookie crust that’s barely baked then topped with a smooth cream cheese layer, a chocolaty pudding layer, and more creamy whipped topping. It’s pure happiness with every bite!
For more step-by-step images, CLICK HERE.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- Crust Layer:
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2nd Layer:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces of whipped topping (1/2 of a large 16 ounce container)
- 3rd Layer:
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces whipped topping (remaining ½ of a large 16 ounce container)
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter or shortening.
- Crust Layer: Place the flour, powdered sugar and melted butter directly in the greased baking dish. Mix with a fork to combine and then mix well with your hands until a thick dough forms. Press the dough evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 15-18 minutes until cookie is lightly browned. It should look slightly undercooked. Let cool completely.
- nd Layer: Beat the powdered sugar, cream cheese and 8 ounces of whipped topping in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Spread on the cooled crust.
- rd Layer: Whisk together one package of vanilla instant pudding and one package of chocolate instant pudding with 3 cups cold milk, about 2 minutes. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes then spread on cream cheese layer.
- Top pudding layer with the remaining 8 ounces of whipped topping and garnish with chocolate sprinkles.
- Store in the refrigerator.