Peanut butter balls made healthier with granola for crunch, honey for sweetness and dark chocolate for decadence. These Healthy 5 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are a sweet treat you can feel better about eating!
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Tom Thumb and Albertsons. All thoughts and opinions are certainly my own.
In October, I had the pleasure of traveling to Albertsons and Tom Thumb Culinary Kitchens and Technical Center to get a preview of everything they have in store for the holiday season. It was a short trip, but oh so sweet! One of the highlights of the visit for me was getting to make holiday goodies in the same kitchens their chefs work in every day creating recipes for the stores as well as creating new and innovative products for their exclusive private label brands.
O Organics® is one of my favorite Albertsons & Tom Thumb brands to buy for our family so getting to see the full line of products was really neat. I’m usually just shopping the store and hoping that there’s an O Organics option for pretty much everything on my list. And there usually is, which makes me so happy. I love the quality and value of this line of organic products and now I love it even more after meeting the passionate people behind the brand insuring that it meets my family’s needs and expectations each time we buy it.
So when I partnered with Tom Thumb to create a great recipe using O Organics products for the holidays, I was so excited when I thought to create a healthier version my favorite holiday treat: Peanut Butter Balls! And y’all, they turned out AMAZING…
Peanut butter balls are a holiday tradition in my family. My mom makes a huge batch of her peanut butter ball mixture just before Christmas and we all sit around the table rolling it into bite-sized balls and then dipping them into chocolate. Her version, which is undeniably delicious, is made with peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar and crisp rice cereal. And over the holidays, I pop them in my mouth like I do cold grapes on a hot summer day. Can’t stop, won’t stop! They’re just so tasty!
So when I knocked it out of the ballpark creating these healthier peanut butter balls using O Organics granola, peanut butter, and honey as the inside mixture and dark chocolate with a little coconut oil as the coating, I haven’t been able to contain my excitement since. I’ve probably made this recipe over ten times in the past month to share the yumminess with others and they’re getting such rave reviews! You’d never know they were made healthier unless you were the one who made them.
Everyone loves the smoothness of the peanut butter, sweetness of the honey and the extra crunch from the granola that’s all surrounded by a thin layer of smooth dark chocolate with a hint of coconut.
I’ve got a great video showing you how easy they are to make. Check it out!
They’re no-bake and require just 5 simple ingredients…
Start by stirring the granola, peanut butter and honey together in a large bowl…
Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and then coat in the melted dark chocolate with coconut oil…
Place them in the freezer for about 5 minutes to let the chocolate set and Ta-Da! Perfect little bites of smooth chocolate covered peanut butter deliciousness made healthier to enjoy during the holidays or really any days!
A few simple, quality ingredients + minimal time commitment + guaranteed deliciousness & enjoyment in every bite = my kind of recipe!
I buy my O Organics products are available in my area exclusively at my local Tom Thumb stores, and you can also find them at all of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway. Visit Albertsons.com or TomThumb.com to find a store near you and discover more great recipe ideas.
I hope you get a chance to make these healthy peanut butter balls soon! Whether it’s for a holiday party platter, to gift to others or just to have handy to satisfy that craving for something sweet, this is the treat to make this season!
Enjoy & Happy Holidays!
- 3 cups O Organics oats & honey granola
- 1 cup O Organics no stir creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons O Organics honey
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon O Organics coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the granola, peanut butter and honey until well combined.
- In a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon coconut oil for 60 seconds in the microwave and then stir continuously until completely melted and smooth. Microwave an additional 30 seconds, if necessary.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop mixture and form into 1-inch balls with your hands. It will be sticky at first, but just keep rolling the mixture between the palm of your hands until it holds together in a ball shape.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Drop peanut butter balls, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Using a fork, roll the peanut butter ball to coat completely in the chocolate and gently lift to let excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Transfer back to the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining peanut butter balls until they are all coated.
- Place coated peanut butter balls in the freezer for 5 minutes to let the chocolate set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.