Dark Chocolate Walnut Cookies are amazingly chewy cookies loaded with rich melting dark chocolate and chunks of crunchy walnuts. A cookie you’re sure to crave!
Here I go again! I’m crazy about cookies and I’m always on a mission to bake and eat the best!
We were in Houston a few weeks ago and I had heard that Common Bond Café had amazing cookies, so I just had to pick a few up before heading home. They were out of this world delicious and perfect in every way! Chewy on the inside, chocolaty all throughout, crunchy on occasion, and a little crispy all over…the total package for cookie perfection.
I knew I had to recreate these cookies ASAP, so as soon as we got home and got the boys tucked in bed, I headed to the store to get the key ingredients: chocolate and walnuts.
I tried them a few different ways with varying ingredients, refrigerating/freezing times, oven temps, etc. and finally got them just right…
The keys to these cookies are the high quality dark chocolate that’s cut into chunks for optimal melting and taste along with placing the cookie dough in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before baking them. Easy enough, right?!
I could go on and on and on about how amazing these cookies are, but I’ll be quiet so you can bake and taste them for yourself. Prepare to be amazed!
Dark Chocolate Walnut Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Total Time: 26 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
Amazingly chewy cookies loaded with rich melting dark chocolate and chunks of crunchy walnuts. A cookie you’re sure to crave!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 larges eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces high quality dark chocolate, cut into chunks (try to refrain from using chips as the chopped chocolate chunks melting throughout are key to these cookies)
- 1 cup whole walnuts
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, 1 cup at a time, until well combined. Stir in the chocolate and walnuts.
- Using your hands, divide dough into 12 large mounds and place them a few inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets (do not press down). Place the cookie sheets in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheets from freezer and bake at 350°F for about 14-16 minutes or until cookies start to turn light brown on top and slightly crisp around the edges. Rotate cookie sheets halfway through baking time.
- Let cool on cookie sheets 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack or enjoying warm right away.
My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.
See More Comments