Just 4 ingredients is all it takes to make these Dark Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates with Sea Salt for a delectable sweet and salty treat!
I’m excited to share this recipe for one of my absolute favorite treats! The combination of chewy dates, creamy peanut butter, decadent dark chocolate and a little salt is out of this world delicious…
These peanut butter stuffed dates are coated in dark chocolate and sprinkled with a little sea salt for a quick and easy treat that’s irresistible to eat.
The flavor and texture combinations going on with these dates will have you oohing and ahhing each time you eat one. Sweet chewy dates are filled with salty crunchy peanut butter then coated in bittersweet dark chocolate with a sprinkle of sea salt to balance it all out. Delicious, both inside and out!
The dates give these homemade candies this taste of decadence without complicating them with lots of unnecessary ingredients. They taste like rich chocolate peanut butter truffles and FYI…they go great with red wine! ;)) You’re welcome!
Seriously, I can’t wait to for you to make these! You, and anyone who’s lucky enough to have you share with them, are going to love them! Enjoy!
Just 4 ingredients is all it takes to make these dark chocolate covered peanut butter stuffed dates with a sprinkle of sea salt for a delectable sweet and salty treat!
- 12 fresh whole dates
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag dark chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
- sea salt
- With a sharp knife, cut a small slit across the top of each date from end to end. Lightly squeeze the date and pry out the seed. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Fill each date with a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter and return to the baking sheet. Place peanut butter stuffed dates in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a shallow microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir and then return to the microwave for about 30 more seconds before stirring until completely smooth.
- Remove dates from the refrigerator. Dip one at a time into the melted chocolate, coating the date and the peanut butter completely. Return to the baking sheet and wait about a minute before sprinkling the top of each date with a pinch of sea salt.
- Let chocolate covered dates set completely at room temperature (or quicker in the refrigerator) before enjoying.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They’re still great when enjoyed cold, but we like to let them set at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before eating.