Cream puffs are a classic dessert in our family as my mom’s been baking and serving them at parties and showers ever since I can remember. Her classic cream puff recipe is amazing and one that I will bake for years to come, but I had a little fun recreating the recipe with my absolute favorite flavor combo…chocolate & peanut butter!!!
For the full post & recipe, CLICK HERE.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
Maegan Brown recreates a classic with her favorite flavor combo of chocolate & peanut butter!
- Chocolate Puffs:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1–1/4 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- Peanut Butter Cream Filling:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine water, butter, sugar, and salt in a medium-sized heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat to low. Add flour and beat with a wooden spoon 1 minute or until mixture leaves sides of pan and does not separate. Remove from heat and continue beating for about 2 minutes to cool mixture slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating vigorously after each (at least one minute per egg until well incorporated and mixture is satiny). Beat in 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips until melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle each puff with a few mini chocolate chips. Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffs are crisp and lightweight. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cream Filling:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Whisk in sugar and peanut butter until filling is smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Cut cooled puffs in half and fill with a spoonful of peanut butter cream filling.
- Note:The best way to be assured of crisp cream puffs is to bake them shortly before serving. Otherwise, they can get soft from the dampness in the air. You may bake and cool the shells, then shortly before serving, place them in a 375°F oven for 3 minutes. Or even bake, freeze, and thaw, before heating in the oven again.