A comforting classic that will please just about any hungry crowd. The creamy cheese sauce baked into lots of pasta, chicken, and veggies makes this casserole a well-rounded meal.
Looking for a great recipe to take to…A dinner party? A friend who just had a baby? A potluck? Or just your own family dinner at home?
Well, look no further because this Chicken Tetrazzini is a comforting classic that will please just about any hungry crowd. The creamy cheese sauce baked into lots of pasta, chicken, and veggies makes this casserole a well-rounded meal.
For the full post & recipe, CLICK HERE.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 4-5 pound whole chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken
- ½ pound spaghetti noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large can sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- ⅔ cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese spread (found in a jar on the cracker aisle in most grocery stores)
- 2 cups American cheese, shredded
- Place chicken in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and let chicken simmer until cooked through (at least an hour). Remove chicken (reserve broth) and let cool, then remove meat from the bone. Or just remove meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken to use.
- Bring the reserved broth to a boil. Cook the spaghetti in the broth until al dente. Set aside. If not using broth, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sauté the onion, green pepper, and mushrooms together until tender, about 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the flour to make a roux. After 1-2 minutes, remove from heat and whisk in the milk. Return to low heat and simmer until the sauce starts to thicken, about 5 minutes. Stir the cheeses into the cream sauce until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, spaghetti, onion, peppers and mushrooms. Stir in the cheese sauce until well combined.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until starting to brown on top.