This Chicken Pesto Peach Panini is the perfect summer panini filled with pesto, sweet peaches, juicy chicken and lots of melting cheese. Fresh, fabulous and so full of flavor!
This sandwich screams summer! It came to life one day when I opened the fridge looking for something for lunch. We had a little of this and a little of that, so I took out what sounded yummy and laid it all out on the counter. I had a big chunk of ciabatta, some leftover grilled chicken, a container of fresh made basil pesto, and lots and lots of sweet juicy peaches. It was between a salad or a sandwich and I’m so thankful I went the sandwich route!
I love paninis, so grilling the sandwich was a no-brainer. I used a grill pan since Brandon wasn’t home to strike up the grill and it turned out amazing! You could use the grill, a grill pan or your panini press and it will turn out great! A thick layer of pesto is the base to the chicken, peaches and fresh basil that’s then covered in shredded mozzarella so the cheese melts and coats everything inside the panini as it oozes out the sides. Simple and so scrumptious!
The flavors all fit so perfectly together and the peaches just complete it! So take advantage of all the freshness that summer currently has to offer and grill up this amazing panini! You’ll be so pleased!
The perfect summer panini filled with pesto, sweet peaches, juicy chicken and lots of melting cheese. Fresh, fabulous and so full of flavor!
- 1 loaf of ciabatta
- 1/2 cup fresh or jarred basil pesto
- 1 grilled chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large peach, cut into thin slices
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Slice ciabatta in half lengthwise. Spread the pesto on the bottom half of the bread. Place the sliced chicken evenly across the pesto. Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese. Place the sliced peaches evenly across the bread. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Space fresh basil evenly across the cheese. Close the sandwich with the top half of the bread. Cut in half.
- Brush with butter. Place on the grill, grill pan, or in a panini press and press down firmly so the sandwich mashes together. Cook over moderate heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melting, about 3-4 minutes per side. Serve hot.