The perfect summer panini filled with pesto, sweet peaches, juicy chicken and lots of melting cheese. Fresh, fabulous and so full of flavor!
- 1 loaf of ciabatta
- 1/2 cup fresh or jarred basil pesto
- 1 grilled chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large peach, cut into thin slices
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Slice ciabatta in half lengthwise. Spread one tablespoon of pesto on the bottom half of the bread. Place the sliced chicken evenly across the pesto. Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese. Place the sliced peaches evenly across the bread. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Space fresh basil evenly across the cheese. Close the sandwich with the top half of the bread. Cut in half.
- Brush with butter. Place on the grill, grill pan, or in a panini press and press down firmly so the sandwich mashes together. Cook over moderate heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melting, about 3-4 minutes per side. Serve hot.